Friday 20 July 2012

Even more Part 2

I don't know if I should still be doing this sewing lines / shading / contrast, but I am. I am finding new things about how it works every time I try something different. I am not sure if I am doing it 'right' but in some ways I think it would be a shame to stop and move on to the next thing when I'm getting so much out of it.

Like what? The different appearance and feeling of different thicknesses - rustic matt or glamorous shiny - delicate straight vs organic curvy - the way chain stitch draws attention to the stitching, or when it's one chain stitch only it makes a pleasant texture, like rice grains.

But then I suspect the whole process of learning this is a spiral one, that I cannot complete without moving on, and then back to doing this exercise with a particular theme in mind when I have done all the other parts of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment