Tuesday 29 January 2019

Looking at SS 2019 colours and patterns

Now I've explored my own body colours a bit I'm looking at the fashion colours for SS 2019 to see how they compare and work out which colours to focus on now. My collection of pins for this season


Fashion Colours SS 2019
From the marvellous https://fashionvignette.blogspot.com/
Pantene colour of the year living coral
The more intense versions of this are 75% colours for me

Add caption
Too intense for me

What would work for me?

Princess blue 100% only if muted

Fiesta 75%
Pink Peacock 75% only if muted
Living Coral 75%

Toffee 25%
Pressed rose 25%

Sweet lilac 25%
Jester red 25%

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/
64/24/82/642482b002f889d33fdcd6058bc7aae9.jpg
Brown granite is a 25% colour for me
Hm, they're all variations on pink with no other blue or green than the rather too pure princess blue...
Too strong for me
Another prediction range


OK, looking at this one, I can add
Peacock blue 100%
Aqua 75%




Sticking to the principle that the colours I like 
are the ones that go with my natural colouring, 
then I am going to go for:

Peacock blue or blue-grey all over

Fiesta & Living coral & aqua with neutrals 

Blue grey or brown granite neutrals (and may have to use a light neutral eg pinky beige or soft white)

Accessories in sweet lilac, muted pink peacock, jester red
Mmmm nice.





Fashion Patterns SS 2019




I see grid checks, Prada regular geometrics (with straight and ovals),
and fun prints eg D&G lollipops in very un-beachy colours,
and Stella Jean vintage look, all of which work for me.




https://fashionvignette.blogspot.com/
These large blocks of strong pastel colour always
appeal. I could wear the lavender 25%, jade (100% pastel),
 sky blue 25%, pink 25% and princess blue 100%
I like the abstractness though, and
can imagine them influencing something.

Aha! I can work with this.
Variations on calm tweed/checks




https://fashionvignette.blogspot.com/
This appeals to me, goes somewhat with 30s style, and is in some of my colours
mint green, cherry red 100%, neutral grey 100%, bluegrey100%, pink, sky blue
It would be an influence rather than the whole idea.
(Except perhaps for the lovely dress in the middle!)
So next time sketchbook to work through some of these ideas.

Colour palette:


Neutral brown granite
neutral blue-grey

Contrasting colour


For all over colour

Contrasting colour living coral
Contrasting colour

Jester red accessories/ in patterns

sweet lilac accessories/ in patterns
This fiesta red is too intense and orange
so cancel that 

No comments:

Post a Comment